Preparing your property for lease.
This is a quick reference of things to do to prepare the property for marketing.
- Completely clean the property (see list below).
- Remove bags of garbage, clothes, food, newspapers, furniture, appliances, dishes, plants, cleaning supplies or other items.
- Have 3 sets of keys made.
- Keep power and water on during vacancy in owners’ name.
- Deliver garage door remotes in working order.
- Maintain lawn care during vacancy while marketing.
- Interior should be freshly painted a neutral color.
- Carpets should be professionally cleaned.
- Clean a/c system thoroughly
- We recommend a home inspection to uncover any pre-existing problems.
- The property may also be a good candidate for a Home Warranty.
Our policy is to charge a re-key fee of $60 per lock if keys are not provided and cleaning charges are $25/hr for professional cleaning.
□ Chrome fixtures cleaned and shined
□ Floor cleaned
Other□ All ceiling fans dusted
□ All light fixtures dusted
□ Carpets professionally cleaned
□ All baseboards cleaned
□ All windowsills cleaned
□ All fingerprints wiped off switchplates, woodwork, doors
□ All blinds throughout the unit dusted
□ Clean shelving/floors in all closets
□ Treat any mildew with Clorox
□ All windows cleaned
□ All nail holes filled